RFD 900ux Telemetry Modem
Product Specs: MODEM-RFD900ux
This is the RFD900ux on a double sided mini carrier board. It comes with a mini JST connector and 2x u.Fl RF connectors and heatsink.
**It requires the RFD900ux PIXHAWK2 to RFD900 Telemetry Cable - 150/300mm to interface to your application.
RFD900ux New Features:
- Fully compatible with RFD900x modems.
- Air data rate up to: 500kbit/s.
- AES Hardware accelerated encryption.
- RC PPM Pass through with telemetry at the same time.
- SiK point to point firmware.
- Asynchronous multi-point firmware, Synchronous multi-point firmware.
- Long range >40km depending on antennas and GCS setup
- 2 x u.FL RF connectors, diversity switched.
- 1 Watt (+30dBm) transmit power.
- Transmit low pass filter.
- > 15dB Low noise amplifier, high IP3.
- RX SAW filter.
- All I/O ESD protected and filtered.
- Re implemented SiK and Multipoint SiK firmware, field up-gradable, easy to configure.
- Small, light weight.
- License free use in Australia, Canada, USA, NZ
- Note: Not compatible with 900+ modems
- RF : 2x u.FL RF connectors
- Serial: Logic level TTL (+3.3v)
- Power: +5v, ~800mA max peak (at maximum transmit power)
- GPIO: General purpose IO (Digital capable).
- Frequency Range: 902 - 928 MHz (USA) / 915 - 928 MHz (Australia)
- Output Power: 1W (+30dBm), controllable in 1dB steps ( +/- 1dB @=20dBm typical )
- Air Data transfer rates: 12, 56, 64, 100, 125, 200, 224, 500 and 750 kbit/sec (User settable, 64kbit default)*
- UART data transfer rates: 1200, 2400, 4800, 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, 115200, 230400, 460800, 1M baud (User settable, 57600 default)*
*note these values are correct as of version 3.07 SiK firmware
- Output Power: 1W (+30dBm)
- Receive Sensitivity: >121 dBm at low data rates, high data rates (TBA)
- Size: 25 mm (wide) x 33 mm (long) x 10.4 mm (thick) - Including RF Shield, PCB and Heatsink.
- Weight: 10g
- Mounting: SMT Soldered
- Power Supply: +5 V nominal, (+3.5 V min, +5.5 V max), ~800 mA peak at maximum power
- Temp. Range: -40 to +85 deg C
Software / GCS Support:
The software solution is an open source development called "SiK". It has been re implemented to suit the new processor architecture available on the 32bit ARM processor core. A boot loader and interface is available for further development and field upgrade of the modem firmware via the serial port.
Most parameters are configurable via AT commands, Eg. baud rate (air/uart), frequency band, power levels.
Integrated support for configuring the RFD900 radios is supported by APM Planner.
The default settings are at 57600 baud, N, 8, 1, and 64k air data rate.
The RFD900ux manual is here: RFD900ux Manual
The RFD900ux SiK software manual is here : RFD900x Peer-to-peer Manual
Software features include:
Frequency hopping spread spectrum (FHSS)
Transparent serial link
Point to Point, or Multipoint networking
Configuration by simple AT commands for local radio, RT commands for remote radio
User configurable serial data rates and air datarates
Error correction routines, Mavlink protocol framing (user selectable)
Mavlink radio status reporting (Local RSSI, Remote RSSI, Local Noise, Remote Noise)
Automatic antenna diversity switching on a packet basis in realtime
Automatic duty cycle throttling based on radio temperature to avoid overheating
The RFD900ux is designed to be compliant with the following standards:
- FCC Part 15.247 (Frequency hopping and digitally modulated intentional radiators)
- AS/NZS 4268:2012 (Radio equipment and systems - short range devices)
The modem is designed for system integrators who will integrate the modem into their own projects and product prototypes. The user is responsible for compliance with local regulations for radio transmitters.